If you have read my blog enough you would know that I am banana bread crazy! I probably have 6 or so recipes on here for banana bread and today I'm posting another for Toasted Coconut Banana Bread! I am also a big coconut fan so why not put together coconut and bananas! Yum.
It was a great bread that turned out pretty good. I did find it a bit dry and would say that next time I make it I would add a touch more liquid, but otherwise this breads is fabulous! It would also make delicious muffins if you wanted something different then a loaf!
I got this recipe idea from http://cookiesandcups.com/toasted-coconut-banana-bread/
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium bananas)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, in its liquid state
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spay a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat toast the coconut until it becomes lightly golden. Remove from the heat immediately. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, banana, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in the coconut and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan using the parchment paper and place on a wire rack to cool completely.